A healthy marriage or relationship requires ongoing care and attention. There will always be challenges and if these challenges are ignored, your relationships will suffer and may have serious consequences and wide-spread impact. We offer many options for couples therapy and couples counseling.
What is couples therapy?
Couples therapy is designed for adults in long-term relationships. Couples therapy can help enhance connections, communication and intimacy. Through counseling, couples may work to:
- Recover from infidelity or other problematic sexual behaviors
- Increase intimacy or romance
- Support each other in positive methods of stress management
- Improve communication styles and tactics
- Adjust to transitions in their lives, relationships
- Define solidarity in parenting styles
- Resolve differences
How does couples therapy work?
The goal of therapy is to set a foundation for healing from the hurts, shame, lack of intimacy or communication, and/or the destructive behaviors that have shaped your relationship. We work with you to build a plan and develop skills necessary for recovery. Through this process it is possible to recover the core of who you are and who you wish to become, and to live a fully engaged, rewarding life.